- Case Studies
- Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan
- Energy Performance Management
- MV Artania Re-Powering
- MV Expedition Re-Powering
- Cable Enterprise Conversion
- Fire Risk Mitigation
- Fleet Rejuvenation Project
- CLB Ulisse Conversion
- Cable Layer New Building Supervision
- MV Polar Expedition New Building Supervision
- Cruise Passenger Ship New Building Supervision
Cable Enterprise Conversion
V.Delta was heavily involved in the conversion of Prysmian Powerlink Services’ Cable Enterprise vessel. The ship was transformed from a cable laying barge to a state-of-the-art DP2 cable laying barge with its own propulsion in the working area.
We supported the firm in the tendering process and awarding of the contract to Croatian shipyard Viktor Lenac before supervising the conversion. In addition we provided project management including planning, risk management, cost control and quality assurance.
A team of five was on hand all the way through the conversion from July 2014 to delivery in March 2015.
Key highlights of the process were:
- Upgrading to DP2 capabilities.
- Creation of two engine rooms.
- Renewal of the accommodation decks.
- Extension of the stern.
- Reshaping of the forecastle.
Two diesel-engine driven Voith Schneider propellers were also fitted as well as two re-tractable thrusters, two tunnel thrusters and emission reducing scrubber.
Among the rest, V.Delta heavily contributed to the successful installation of the innovative urea system and the completion of the demanding sea trials.
The vessel has been handed over to V.Ships Monaco, who will be its technical manager going forward.
All work was delivered on time with no extra costs and excellent construction quality.